I have been a fan of Okey Sokay since I first heard HSKT, so when I heard The Transition had come out, I had to review it. And can I say, the album was so artistic!
You can see it in the one-word song titles, hear it in the musical choices in each track, and picture it in the album cover.
Okey Sokay, gbam! 🙌🏾 🙌🏾🙌🏾
I mean, come on: there are even 10 tracks in the album! No more, no less. Just perfect.
In the spirit of the one-word track titles, I am going to try to keep my track reviews to one sentence each. But no promises. 😉
1. Alpha: The title of this track is so apt for the first track in the album. Again, I am floored by the level of artistry that went into making this album. Also, can we pause on the breadth of tone in Okey Sokay's voice? Hmmm! 😍
2. Name: I can't wait till every church is using this song in their worship sessions.
3. Good: This track is so simple, yet so so powerfully effective.
4. Oga: If you are not moving your shoulders by the end of this song, I will not call you what you are; just play this song over and over until you start moving your shoulders.
5. Surely: Just when I think I have heard it all, I hear Surely
6. Imela - You can't help but sway when this track comes on. I am used to Okey Sokay hitting my senses with those fast tracks, but I find that I like this slow-jam feel just as much. (I said no promises!)
7. Miracle - It's so awesome when you hear a song that speaks to you exactly where you are; Miracle did that for me. Thank you Okey Sokay. Thank you.
8. Winner - This song made me cry; don't ask me why.
9. Merem - There is an undeniable essence of joy in this track and it is infectious, oh so infectious.
10. Nmeri - This track is a jam. You can't help but move. This is the perfect song to declare your victory in Christ. It does not matter whether you are feeling victorious or not. This song will help you feel it. This was also the perfect song to end the album. The only thing I don't like about this track is that it means I have finished listening to the album.
Okey Sokay, if this is just The Transition, I might not be able to handle The Destination when you get there.
Thank You Jesus for Okey Sokay. We are grateful.
All posts by Ronke (unless otherwise indicated)